Tomorrow's Nobodies Ep.5 Tomorrow's Nobodies Ep.5

Great art and sound, but not funny for everyone.

There is no denying it: you guys got talent. I've seen your website, the episodes, and (wow!) the NG awards. But, I have to say, I'm not a big fan. Let me break it down:

The graphics are great. I own Flash 8 and have taken a class (high-school class) on it and know that it is harder than it looks. You guys must've spent a lot of time on the art, story, voices, etc. and I commend you four on the unbelievable effort. Currently, I don't have a flash to my name but I do know the work that goes into it.

The part with the live-action was a well-helped tool to the epsiode and was very clever. :D

Now for the humor. I personally didn't find it funny at all. I'm sorry, but I didn't even smile watching this. But hey, that's just me. My sense of humor didn't agree with your guys's and made my experience very, very terrible. I myself enjoy more slapstick/random humor in Flashes and tend to be drawn towards that side of NG comedies. Sorry, but that is what I think.

As I've said, Chase, Eric, David, and Chris, you guys have talent. I was in awe at your awards and recognize that you guys (as of now) have the #1 all-time high scoring submission. I voted 3/5 because of the effort and hours that must've went into this but I really didn't enjoy it. I can't offer many suggestions because there really wasn't too much that was "wrong". The only thing I can think of is just a little better voices. They were amazing, don't get me wrong, but I would have liked more emotion and spontaneous reactions (sounded like it was scripted).

Remember, I'm just one person. Everyone so far worships this and they probably do because their sense of humors match yours. Nice job on the Flash but a note to viewers: you will either love this, or hate it.

Mario's Blocks Mario's Blocks

Sprites & Mario don't get much better!

That was one of the most superb examples of Mario parody and random humor. A perfect blend of the great facets of Newgrounds. Original artwork, outstanding sprite animation, and just plain random ideas will bring smiles to the millions of viewers who shall end up seeing this piece.

Let's break it down and get to brass tacks here:

Graphics: I liked the graphics style; it was perfect. I actually believed for a second that you drew Mario in MS Paint out of the brush that looks like a square. His movements were pure and created a perfect illusion of motion. Plus, the backgrounds (that you drew) were great for the scenes. I loved having a feast for the eyes while I watched the story unfold. The FulpBots though... Oh, my God... that was a marvelous display of ingenuity and cunning. It combined satire and metaphor in an amazing display of personification and depth. I couldn't get enough.

Style: Well, to start, the structure of this artwork was interesting. It was broken into various episodes and told the many different effects that Blocks have on Mario's fate. I also liked the animating style that you don't often see in sprite movies... or any movie for that matter: the movement of the camera. The slow, painfully excruciating zoom-out of the camera before mario gets blow to bits by the Ion Cannon, the entire view point during the FulpBot scene. The camera AS WELL AS the characters moved... a very helpful tool in Flash animation.

Sound: The sound FX were very numerous and plentiful. Your collection of audio has shown how well you can place different sounds for the desired realistic or humorous effect. The ion cannon voice, the FulpBot sounds, ALL of Mario's voices/effects, and the end.... LoL!

Interactivity: You had a start AND replay button. :D Two buttons, Two points.

Humor: This was an animation that I found got better as time went on. The beginning was a little slow with a few chuckles but right after the ion part... that shit got good! The Bowser voice, in my personal preference, was a little too repetitive... Repetition is funny (like the main idea of the movie) but the Bowser didn't make me laugh near the end. So that makes an 8/10 for the humor.

Overall, man, that was so well done. This (and I'm 99% sure of this) will be the flagship title on the Mario page of this fine website. And, I hope (and believe), that this shall grace the coveted "FRONT PAGE". I am rootin' for ya. Your talents have shone (<-- that is spelled correctly) through the shitty animations of NG and the ten second sprite animations that we all see way too often. Hats off to you UberAoC, YOU have made sprites and quality to become familiar with each other... once again.

UberAoC responds:

Wow Moral Man, you really know how to write a review. Damn!

Perfect graphics, fully custom Mario sprites, and a marvelous display of ingenuity and cunning for the FulpBots? Thanks much man! God do I love these well planned reviews!

Interesting art, eh? Yeah, I think that I got THAT part down very well! Believe me, it took a LONG time to finish that FulpBot scene, with all the camera effects and such. Animation on the FulpBots took an insanely huge amount of time, considering they are ragdolls drawn in perspective in each frame, aided by flash of course.

Sounds were huge in this. Unfortunately, the better sound quality version of this toon was too big to submit to Newgrounds. Still, I think I did very well on it.

Bowser's laugh was a bit repetitive, as several reviewers have pointed out. I'll see what I can do to fix that shortly... maybe...

Thanks for the Uber-awesome-excellent review! All the compliments are well recieved, faithful viewer!

LL - Art Unappreciation LL - Art Unappreciation

A good contender for the spotlight

An average flash at the beginning. But, as many movies on NG, this one got better as time passed. I really thought the graphics were decent and an output of hardwork. I also liked the lip-sync :) The random appearance of Time Wizard and Yugioh themes was funny and made me laugh.

This flash would be a good contender for 3rd or 4th place. LL is not my type of flash but this was good. Worth a watch.

Wonchop responds:

Thanks for the review.

The Last Man Standing The Last Man Standing

Much Improvement Needed

This seems to be a trailer for a serious toon. If it is, then it should have gone into the NG Alphas. (NG users HATE trailers in here, including me).

As for graphics, average. I really did not like the voice; it was nothing like the character or mood. If it was your voice, no offense but get a friend to do it.

Humor = 0 (not to say you wanted humor though)

Overall, if you work hard on a story, get better voice, and improve the destruction drawing in the background, I will gladly vote 5. But for now, 3 out of 5.

JakeX responds:

thanks man, ill take your words into concideration :D

LL - Lock Legion Shorts LL - Lock Legion Shorts

Saved it with the end

Overall, I don't like the Clock/Lock/Glock--- Whatever!-- groups. This was boring and I was going to blam it but the end with the FPS_Doug "Headshot" was cool. Not to mention the violence.

MasterLock responds:

Good thing you watched the whole thing! (For my sake :P)

TODD 1: Back off man... TODD 1: Back off man...

Stupid and a waste of time. Yet funny.

Crappy graphics and bad style (you probably tried for it though) The end was so dumb that I had to laugh. Keep making more random stupidity.

Quote: "this is Todd."

UN = TODD-U

UN TODDU! LAWL!

Ravenholm: TRAILER Ravenholm: TRAILER

Not sure...

You should try the NG Alpha's page for trailers and NOT the portal. Many people on Newgrounds hate unfinished work here. But as far as the movie, I'm not that impressed. This seems just another Half-Life 2 flash and not really original. Graphics were, sorry to say, bad and needed work. However, I did like the Ravenholm BG music. Nice touch.

With that aside, if you try harder next time, I will gladly watch the movie. It seems as though you really are going to work hard on a full flash. I'm cheering for you. But remember: try the Alphas for trailers next time.

Fire Fry! Fire Fry!

Ja das ist gut

Nice, but weird music. hmmm... Furby that goes crazy and kills? GOLD. Very nice and in sync with the song. Cool and random.

UberAoC responds:

Thank you so very much! It's nice to get good replys and some positive reinforcement when I take the time to make these cartoons. Your review is very greatly appreciated.

Metal Gear Awesome Metal Gear Awesome

Absolute GOLD!!!

I recognize the voice: Square Enix from Decline 3. VERY GOOD!!!!!! I love the voice the fast pace stupidity and AWESOME parody!!! Egoraptor, you need to be paid for stuff like this!! Graphics were so-so but I LOVED THIS!!1 Hilarious!!!!1 PURE GOLD!!1 A must see and a favorite that I will cherish.....

WadeFulp: Internet Badass WadeFulp: Internet Badass

BBS Faggots!

Very good job. I really liked the voice of Wade (very funny). Too bad it was a short... Please make a sequel that is just a little longer. Other than that, this was pure Gold! This is going on my favorites!

f0d responds:

I hope to get started on a sequel some time during winter break :)