Tomorrow's Nobodies Ep.5 Tomorrow's Nobodies Ep.5

Great art and sound, but not funny for everyone.

There is no denying it: you guys got talent. I've seen your website, the episodes, and (wow!) the NG awards. But, I have to say, I'm not a big fan. Let me break it down:

The graphics are great. I own Flash 8 and have taken a class (high-school class) on it and know that it is harder than it looks. You guys must've spent a lot of time on the art, story, voices, etc. and I commend you four on the unbelievable effort. Currently, I don't have a flash to my name but I do know the work that goes into it.

The part with the live-action was a well-helped tool to the epsiode and was very clever. :D

Now for the humor. I personally didn't find it funny at all. I'm sorry, but I didn't even smile watching this. But hey, that's just me. My sense of humor didn't agree with your guys's and made my experience very, very terrible. I myself enjoy more slapstick/random humor in Flashes and tend to be drawn towards that side of NG comedies. Sorry, but that is what I think.

As I've said, Chase, Eric, David, and Chris, you guys have talent. I was in awe at your awards and recognize that you guys (as of now) have the #1 all-time high scoring submission. I voted 3/5 because of the effort and hours that must've went into this but I really didn't enjoy it. I can't offer many suggestions because there really wasn't too much that was "wrong". The only thing I can think of is just a little better voices. They were amazing, don't get me wrong, but I would have liked more emotion and spontaneous reactions (sounded like it was scripted).

Remember, I'm just one person. Everyone so far worships this and they probably do because their sense of humors match yours. Nice job on the Flash but a note to viewers: you will either love this, or hate it.

Mario's Blocks Mario's Blocks

Sprites & Mario don't get much better!

That was one of the most superb examples of Mario parody and random humor. A perfect blend of the great facets of Newgrounds. Original artwork, outstanding sprite animation, and just plain random ideas will bring smiles to the millions of viewers who shall end up seeing this piece.

Let's break it down and get to brass tacks here:

Graphics: I liked the graphics style; it was perfect. I actually believed for a second that you drew Mario in MS Paint out of the brush that looks like a square. His movements were pure and created a perfect illusion of motion. Plus, the backgrounds (that you drew) were great for the scenes. I loved having a feast for the eyes while I watched the story unfold. The FulpBots though... Oh, my God... that was a marvelous display of ingenuity and cunning. It combined satire and metaphor in an amazing display of personification and depth. I couldn't get enough.

Style: Well, to start, the structure of this artwork was interesting. It was broken into various episodes and told the many different effects that Blocks have on Mario's fate. I also liked the animating style that you don't often see in sprite movies... or any movie for that matter: the movement of the camera. The slow, painfully excruciating zoom-out of the camera before mario gets blow to bits by the Ion Cannon, the entire view point during the FulpBot scene. The camera AS WELL AS the characters moved... a very helpful tool in Flash animation.

Sound: The sound FX were very numerous and plentiful. Your collection of audio has shown how well you can place different sounds for the desired realistic or humorous effect. The ion cannon voice, the FulpBot sounds, ALL of Mario's voices/effects, and the end.... LoL!

Interactivity: You had a start AND replay button. :D Two buttons, Two points.

Humor: This was an animation that I found got better as time went on. The beginning was a little slow with a few chuckles but right after the ion part... that shit got good! The Bowser voice, in my personal preference, was a little too repetitive... Repetition is funny (like the main idea of the movie) but the Bowser didn't make me laugh near the end. So that makes an 8/10 for the humor.

Overall, man, that was so well done. This (and I'm 99% sure of this) will be the flagship title on the Mario page of this fine website. And, I hope (and believe), that this shall grace the coveted "FRONT PAGE". I am rootin' for ya. Your talents have shone (<-- that is spelled correctly) through the shitty animations of NG and the ten second sprite animations that we all see way too often. Hats off to you UberAoC, YOU have made sprites and quality to become familiar with each other... once again.

UberAoC responds:

Wow Moral Man, you really know how to write a review. Damn!

Perfect graphics, fully custom Mario sprites, and a marvelous display of ingenuity and cunning for the FulpBots? Thanks much man! God do I love these well planned reviews!

Interesting art, eh? Yeah, I think that I got THAT part down very well! Believe me, it took a LONG time to finish that FulpBot scene, with all the camera effects and such. Animation on the FulpBots took an insanely huge amount of time, considering they are ragdolls drawn in perspective in each frame, aided by flash of course.

Sounds were huge in this. Unfortunately, the better sound quality version of this toon was too big to submit to Newgrounds. Still, I think I did very well on it.

Bowser's laugh was a bit repetitive, as several reviewers have pointed out. I'll see what I can do to fix that shortly... maybe...

Thanks for the Uber-awesome-excellent review! All the compliments are well recieved, faithful viewer!

LL - Art Unappreciation LL - Art Unappreciation

A good contender for the spotlight

An average flash at the beginning. But, as many movies on NG, this one got better as time passed. I really thought the graphics were decent and an output of hardwork. I also liked the lip-sync :) The random appearance of Time Wizard and Yugioh themes was funny and made me laugh.

This flash would be a good contender for 3rd or 4th place. LL is not my type of flash but this was good. Worth a watch.

Wonchop responds:

Thanks for the review.

Majoras Mask Quiz Majoras Mask Quiz

Worth a play

This flash wasn't too bad. Let me brake it down:

Graphics - Average. The quiz was kinda bland but the dressup was a little better. 3/10

Style - A little above average. Instead of just a quiz, it was also a dressup with other goodies. Nice.

Sound - Liked the quiz muzak. I liked the tutorial bg music. Funny.

Violence - There was none :(

Interactivity - Very. Quiz and tutorial AND dressup. Cool

Humor - Not very funny. Like I said the bg music for the tutorial was funny.

Overall, I liked it. I loved Majora's Mask and I liked the quiz. I voted 3/5. Good job.

Zelda: Lampshade Zelda: Lampshade

Great, But Not That Great...

Having the sound from the game was very cool and the graphics weren't half bad. Except, for one thing: the game itself. The idea of it was quite original but it was not exciting enough for me to keep playing. The_Super_Flash_Bros are good animators but this is not their best...

Battle for Gondor Battle for Gondor

Meh...

Good graphics and sound, but not fun. It is repetitive and to simple to have fun.

[Dud] Adventure Music [Dud] Adventure Music

Ja, Das Good!

Good. That's all that needs to be said.

Dudidum responds:

It's nice that you like this.
thx ;)

[Dud] Zelda-Piano [Dud] Zelda-Piano

Great

Good pace and nice quality! Except, like everyone said, the microphone needs to be better. Nice job though. Smooth listenin'

Yeah, yeah... the mic ^^
I don't know when I'm getting a better one.
Thanks for your support ;)

[Dud] Zelda Song of Storms v.2 [Dud] Zelda Song of Storms v.2

Good

Nice Piano Playing! Damn, you're good!

Wow...:D